Baddan
Order $348, shipping & handling $151, tax $95
2021-09-30 06:09
Baddan
iconBaddan:
Order $348, shipping & handling $151, tax $95

Matthias Lewen replied:
Hi,

all orders for European customers will be first imported to Germany, where our partner will take care of customs and then send the orders forward to the end-customers.
In order to make this process as seamless as possible, we charge those 19% (German import tax rate) beforehand, so our customers don't have to pay it at the customs office later.

Everything with a value is taxable, regardless of whether it's assembled or parts.

The taxes are calculated as percentage of the total value including shipping, so in your case ($348 + $151.08) * 0.19 ~= $94,83
2021-10-01 02:26
ciarfah
Just ordered an A6 LT and 0.5kg of PLA, duty free was a nice surprise :thumbup: ,however VAT is quite bad. Order came to approx €280, not bad in my opinion :D
2021-10-05 21:15
Baddan
Duty free? Not possible from my understanding......:confused:
2021-10-05 22:51
ciarfah
iconBaddan:
Duty free? Not possible from my understanding......:confused:

Check it out on Dutycalculator(dot)com, duty free on the printer. Not on filament but the total cost didn't meet minimum price for it to be added on :D
2021-12-21 23:58
Baddan
At last, THE email has arrived.

Thanks for your MakiBox order. We appreciate your patience as we get our production up to speed.
Yes, this is the much anticipated email to update you about when you will receive your order.

Your order is scheduled for production by 2022-01-13 and will go out the door soon after that via EU express drop shipping.

At this point, given the weeks and months of fine tuning being done by people who have received theirs, mostly with no luck, I'm thinking about just canceling my order and putting a few extra euro into getting one elsewhere that will work out of the box. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, the extra time, but it seems that after all that what were getting is a substandard product in need of much work to get it to work properly.
2021-12-24 03:18
gsvanwinkle
iconBaddan:
At last, THE email has arrived.

Thanks for your MakiBox order. We appreciate your patience as we get our production up to speed.
Yes, this is the much anticipated email to update you about when you will receive your order.

Your order is scheduled for production by 2022-01-13 and will go out the door soon after that via EU express drop shipping.

At this point, given the weeks and months of fine tuning being done by people who have received theirs, mostly with no luck, I'm thinking about just canceling my order and putting a few extra euro into getting one elsewhere that will work out of the box. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, the extra time, but it seems that after all that what were getting is a substandard product in need of much work to get it to work properly.

Baddan, don't expect any 3d printer to be completely problem free. The state of the industry is still very young. Most of the machines available require regular calibration and adjustments. All parts will eventually wear which will also increase the need for those adjusgtments. You are going to be printing extremely thin layers in your objects. Because you may be printing 4 - 20 layers just to add 1mm to your build height, the amount of tolerance is very limited. If you read the RepRap blogs, you will find horror stories of bad units for just about every brand or model 3d printer sold. Lemons do happen all the time. The trick is to watch for patterns in those lemons. If a printer uses nylon fishing line instead of an Acme threaded or a cheap belt, watch for frequency of failures for the same part. One or two issues for a part out of 500 - 1000 is probably umgrr

I'm not saying "Go buy a MakiBox" and I'm not saying " Go buy Brand X printer." Take some time to dig through the information at reprap.org, 3ders.org, and any other sites reviewing the hardware along with their forums. It's rough going when you first start, but the concepts start to click. You start to recognize really good designs and designs with engineering flaws. The more you understand how the mechanics of the machines run, the better you will be able to get whatever printer you end up with to produce satisfying results.
2021-12-24 16:48
ciarfah
Finally, the much anticipated email has arrived. production by 20-January-2014. Great news! looking forward to receiving my MakBox :D
2021-12-30 07:40
Shanles
Tycho
Also in Galway and interested in getting a printer. How has yours worked out, would you recommend?
I am thinking of the Solid doodle as alternative so I can do ABS also
2022-01-01 19:44
Baddan
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate the units need to be built and beds levelled etc, but what some guys are going through, g code, replacing parts etc etc,, too much. Anyway, I've canceled my order and am going with a more established platform.
Best of luck to the rest of you, hope your builds are quick and problem free :thumbup:
2022-01-09 19:38
genghisosmosis
Have my "production" status order - 27 Jan ... ordered on 28 November 2013. Not going to start complaining just yet, some folks have been waiting years...
2022-02-20 19:54
Go to page 1Go to page 112Go to page 3Go to page 2