icon
Ro-Bot-X
I would like to congratulate all Canadians who ordered a MakiBox and invite them here to talk about it. What you plan on doing, what software will you use, what mods do you hope you're going to do.

I am a robot builder, so I want to build parts for my robots, but not only that. One can always find stuff that needs to be printed around the house and most of the time someone already uploaded a design on Tingyverse. I have no experience with 3D software so I don't know what I'm going to use, so I am open to suggestions. As for mods, I am looking into integrating the David Laserscan thing into the MakiBox to make it a 3D copier. My thoughts were to lower the printing deck completely and place the calibrating boards on the walls of the machine. I hope I can install the camera in the top front right corner together with the laser scanner. We'll see how things are going after I'll get the printer. Mean while, I'll try to order a line laser pen and a good webcam to experiment.

Let me know what you guys are doing (plan to do)!

Thanks!
2021-06-27 21:55
Laurie Member (laurie@phoenixventuresinc.com)
I bought it to support a Jon and to begin to play around with the concept with my kids who are at the age where they will figure out a million items to build. I was early to the internet (started an ISP in 1995 and sold it in 1999) so I want my kids to play with this before it becomes more mainstream so they are already thinking of everything it can do...

But of course, my son already wants to make dice that are weighted for gaming ;-)
2021-12-29 04:11
ro-bot-x
Nice Laurie, kids will figure out more things to do than us. I want to buy the LT model for my son or print him the parts for a printer. I'll decide after I'll have the HT box in my hands.

Anyway, your son's idea of weighted dice sparked an idea in my head, what if the dice would have a metal part inside that would make it fall in a special position only after it was "armed" with a small magnet one could wear on a ring and get reset after the dice falling to a neutral position so other people would have a regular dice behavior?
2022-01-02 10:32
lauriebaggio
Very good - I will suggest that to him...

Looking forward to the final product - it is getting closer!
2022-01-30 10:23
amckimm73
I'm on Vancouver Island, and trying to decide on which 3D printer to purchase, Makibox or not. I'll see how the beta people report on theirs.

As for stuff, I have a few ideas, like cupholders and phone docks. My 10-year-old son has an intense genius side to him and I expect he will think of lots of great marble-tracks and experimental toys and puzzles he can create. He's already building Perplexus (perplexus.net) clones out of lego.
2021-04-25 02:49
oniondj
I AM HEAVILY DISAPOINTED WITH SERVIICE, I WANT MY REFUND NOW. I HAVENT GOT AN EMAIL RESPONSE AFTER SEVERAL EMAILS. I BAUGHT THE MAKI BOX IN OCTOBER 2013 AND THIS IS APRIL 2014.
2021-04-23 11:36
icon