icon
jmacadam
Is there anyone who wants to print and ship a frozen extruder to me? Just name your price. I'm in SA.
2021-05-14 16:25
andybox
Our printer still has tuning and a few more mods to add. Some of tomilla's motor couplers are next on the list, and maybe a redo of the zero backlash nut/rod holders. FroZen and heatsinked+fan stock hot end are done and work really well so far.

If there aren't any other folks here willing to help you out, we can - in a few weeks after the mods are done and we're happy with the output. Can't send you z-wobbly crap or you'll be pulling your hair out.

Drop a note into this thread in about two weeks if i forget.

Have you looked at Redeye or Shapeways to get one printed if you're in a huge hurry and everyone else here is being mean to you?
2021-05-15 14:42
adept22
I can do a good quality print for you in a little bit, will be in contact when I am ready.
2021-05-20 11:09
flamingdrongo
FroZen was one of my first few prints. Never looked back. I've got a few brand new Zen idlers that will likely never get used.

I'm waiting on a couple of replacement hotends, otherwise I'd be printing you a FroZen right now!

In all fairness, my original hotend just kept going... through kilos of ABS, teardown and cleaning cycles, dremel wire brush, scraping, sanding, side cutters and all sorts of abuse. The poor thing, I honestly felt guilty about my mistreatment of that thing. What a trooper.
2021-05-23 08:15
flamingdrongo
Adept22 you're in Belmont (Brisbane, I'm assuming)? I'm over in Morningside :)
Sorry for off topicness.
2021-05-23 08:17
sethmo38@gmail.com
See if you can find a person local to you willing to print it. i paid $54 to have a frozen extruder and a new zen wheel printed for me locally.

makexyz.com
2021-05-23 08:55
adept22
Belmont western australia :) got one printing now. Will goto post office and see what it would cost to send and ill let you know. Definitely won't be $54 ;)
2021-05-25 22:18
robthebrew
$54???? That is crazy. Was this a "big" company?
In the UK there are guys who basically support their hobby by doing this. They are lots cheaper. There must be similar in the land of the free?
Or maybe a hacker space.
2021-05-25 22:28
sethmo38@gmail.com
MakeXYZ are people who charge, like shapeways, but cheaper and faster. This was the only printer I could find locally(I live in a small rural area). Expensive, yes, but I can now print where otherwise I would STILL be waiting for Makible to answer my support ticket on my broken Zen wheel ...

I wish I had a local Makerspace/Hackerspace near me.
2021-05-25 23:13
robthebrew
So start one!
2021-05-25 23:46
jmacadam
Thanks for the offer adept22 that would be really great if you could. Just let me know how much you want for it.
2021-06-09 14:20
flamingdrongo
Did anyone get back to you? I've got my Maki up and running again, printing fairly well. Going to run some test prints to tweak setup. Will use the Frozen as test subject. Will likely have a decent and useable print to sling your way. Will let you know before the end of the week...
2021-06-12 04:39
adept22
Hey Jmacadam, sorry for delay been pretty busy, I have one printed up now, hope you don't want colour coordination though, main body is grey and top plate is white :) ran out of filament. It's got a few imperfections, but its perfectly usable (tested it out) Should be around $8 including postage. if you are interested email me tekadept AT gmail dot com.
2021-06-16 13:49
icon