icon
Mitchell Lam (malenko)
Has anybody received the Extruder? with the kit or individually? Can you or the makiteam please post some pics/vids/reviews?

Thanks!:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
-James
Malenko.james@gmail.com
2022-03-27 18:18
Reg Pye (regpye)
No I haven't received anything. Paid a long time ago and getting pretty pissed off with it all.
My money has been tied up for months, how about the interest that is accumulating, who gets that?
Might not be a lot for just one person, but take several maybe hundreds of orders and that is a lot of money.
-:mad:
2022-03-27 19:44
deekman89
No one has a Ramen since at the moment, they don't exist. As far as I know, the extruder is on hold until everything is caught up. As for updates, you'd have to go back as far as fourth quarter of 2012 when the Ramen was actually integrated into the box rather than a stand alone unit.

http://makibox.com/blogpost/items/makibox-a6-weekend-update-smooth-extrusion-check

Makibox history lesson, one on the first major delays was the Ramen. Months were dedicated trying to get the A6 running solely on pellets until it was eventually scrapped for the current extrusion system. As for when the Ramen will see the light of day again, who knows. My guess, fourth quarter this year. Or two weeks after that.
2022-03-28 13:19
namuori
한국어 담당 / Enthusiastic Onlooker
I'm actually curious as to whether this will ship before the heat death of the universe. :-/
If at first you fail, print, print again.
2022-03-31 21:12
rhercher
I'm going to guess that it's going to be tabled indefinitely. Which is a shame because I think that could be the bigger success story.

The stand-alone ramen was supposed to use the current hotend design with a nozzle that could output 1.75mm filament. (I'm not going to talk about the pellet fed printer). The current hot end's problem is that it is too good at getting hot, which if you can shove enough plastic down it's throat is GREAT for Ramen. For the A6, it over heats the filament, causing jams. (The bigger flaw that would effect a Ramen as it does the printer seems to be mechanical separation of the heating circuit from the heater block over time. It's not universal by ANY means, but it's happening to a few new units which is a bad sign). Handling the molten filament is a challenge, but there's a half dozen extruders that have it figured out. I say ramen COULD be a success story because all of those other extruders are around $500-$700, where the parts are really about 2/3 of those needed for a Makibox a6 Lt (hot end, control board, enclosure with filament guide, low watt power supply, and one driver assembly to feed the pellets to the hot end, instead of 4 drivers for the LT).
2022-04-01 12:58
deandob
I paid extra with my Makibox for the ramen extruder, but it seems it is on hold? I received my A6 so I'm considering asking for a refund for just the ramen part of the order.

What are others doing? Holding out or getting refunds?
2021-06-15 09:20
robthebrew
As soon as I heard the ramen was on hold, I asked if I could modify my order. I made up the difference by adding filament to my order after removing the ramen.
That was 2 years ago. And, yes, I did get the whole lot eventually.!
2021-06-15 19:05
andybox
I regretfully ordered filament to make up the diff. My batch was full of bubbles and the reel was cracked, eventually broke, making 80% of the filament a tangled useless mess.

If I had to do it again, it'd be spare parts (hot end, etc).
2021-06-16 14:26
slatye
That's a good idea. If they ever get this upgrade package ready, I might ask if I can convert my pellet order into an upgrade package.

No need for more filament at the moment, since I've still got about 5.5kg here and the Makibox is nowhere near reliable enough to bother using it at the moment.

I tried asking about just cancelling the Ramen part a while back, but they won't do that. Apparently it's too hard to cancel part of an order once the other part (ie the Makibox itself) has shipped.
2021-06-17 22:21
rstephens456uf
Sorry this is off topic but saw the post above by Reg Pye.
He is sharing his great design work at the reprap smartrap* forums.
He changed the layout to 'simple' and now is trying a z belt.
* goals = quick, easy, and cheap to build and modify
http://forums.reprap.org/read.php?344,354571
2021-06-19 04:19
Sandro Fouche (sandro@knot.org)
I hadn't seen slate's response until now. Sadly, I just requested a refund on the ramen extruder as well. If they won't do refunds, I wonder if they would substitute items. I would rather just get along purchasing filament or buying an existing design. Jon seems well intentioned, but I think he's too far behind for these to be worth waiting for...
2021-06-19 13:47
icon