Go to page 1Go to page 312345Go to page 5Go to page 5
RoyT
Tech Addict
No problemo. I bet pirate3d will be late too. If Rigidbot really is $500, I put it more in class with Solidoodle.

That just leaves Printrbot simple, which is not much competition. If Jon can get some decent pr and ship a few thousand before pirate3d, he can stand with them. But pirate3d has lots of pr selling points. Makibox has to prove out quality, reliability and maybe price to duke it out.
2021-10-11 04:05
gsvanwinkle
iconRoyT:
No problemo. I bet pirate3d will be late too.

I'm not sure "late" would be the correct term for Pirate3d's Buccaneer. Their site looks very suspicious these days. No updates about the product since around June. No ability to order on their site. Notice that PRE-Ordering is expected to be turned back on again in December.

This looks more like "take the money and run" to me.
2021-10-11 05:30
mwhatch
Just this week I recieved an email from Pirate3D. A short survey mainly asking if I was still interested in pre-ordering which they said will start again in November. I said I was still interested, but I am going for the Makibox after todays update.

Morton
2021-10-11 05:44
jlogajan
Still having manufacturing setbacks. They're now facing a potential two month production delay due to manufacturer issues. Many observers predicted this a while back. Looking at late winter or early spring deliveries (as was foretold.)
2021-12-18 03:04
jlogajan
The first 300 Rigidbots are supposedly being shipped before the Chinese New Year. These will be to Kickstarter backers. The KS campaign closed May 10 of 2013. So we'll say about 8.5 months from start of production to first shipments. I bought my Rigidbot on their site rather than being a Kickstarter, so I might be a thousand units or so back. I'm guessing a March delivery, but that's just a guess. I wonder if my Makibox will still arrive first. I was scheduled for a mid-January production. But we know how that's going.
2022-01-22 03:13
RoyT
Tech Addict
Nothing shipped yet. The 300 were actually parts which will be used to build out the orders for assembled units.

They did make a nice video of unboxing a sample kit to show how it is packed.

So looks like ship of kits to non-USA backers will occur soon after CNY. For USA, the kits will ship by container boat to USA first and distributed from there. The container should leave china around the same time as non-USA kits ship from china.

At least, that's the plan...
2022-02-14 06:08
jlogajan
Now I am guessing April or May delivery. But I am liking the look of it more and more.
2022-02-14 12:46
jlogajan
They finally got the first 300 units delivered and they are being assembled. I expect they will start shipping those first 300 out in the next week or two. Meanwhile they just gave the go-ahead to China to kit the remaining first production batch of about 2000 units. So maybe a mid-May delivery for my "big"???

Meanwhile my Makibox is still "in production." I'm expecting it mid-April based on guesses to their current production rates.
2022-03-16 03:31
RoyT
Tech Addict
Still no shipping. Waiting on delivery of final parts, some cables.

Some progress with assembly line work for those who did not order the kit. Nice video on KS update page.
2022-04-03 16:12
RoyT
Tech Addict
Mini update

300 assembled units still on assembly line.

First 300 kits shipped from china to rigidbot USA offices. Don't know eta for delivery to USA (on the boat).

Another 1000 kits have been produced, still sitting in china. 250 will ship from china direct to international backers, remainder go by boat to USA offices. May happen this week or next.

Another kit production run of 900 set for later this month.

Final missing parts showed up (cables).

So magic ship date to customers? Maybe 300 assembled units and/or the 250 international kits in a week or two? Most are stuck on the boat for a while still.
2021-04-08 16:15
RoyT
Tech Addict
Nothing shipped. Not clear what's hold up now. They got CE approval but have not received paperwork for kits or assembled models. They now say 1300 kits are in transit from china to USA on the boat. Kinda weird since before they said some kits would ship direct to customer from china.
2021-04-19 05:37
jlogajan
We can only guess. Maybe they never figured out a good way to ship them directly from China so they punted.
2021-04-19 10:53
RoyT
Tech Addict
My guess it's partly no CE docs to include with the kits. They still have another 900 to be kitted in china so maybe the docs and kits come together then for shipping from china.
2021-04-19 11:08
jlogajan
Now they discovered some problems with their controller PCB. An unauthorized knockoff power switch that fails and adjustment pots with no rotation stops. All boards are being sent back for rework. What a mess.
2021-04-22 22:32
RoyT
Tech Addict
At least they claim new boards will arrive in USA before the container ship with the kits arrive. But the existing 300 assembled are dead until new boards come in.

Btw, they say it was the board manufacturer fault. They used wrong, inferior parts which were not on the bom
2021-04-25 01:42
Go to page 1Go to page 312345Go to page 5Go to page 5