Go to page 1Go to page 412345Go to page 6Go to page 5
RoyT
Tech Addict
A storm is brewing...

Latest is increase ( a big increase) in shipping for those outside of USA. For some legal mumbo jumbo reason, can't ship direct from china, so pack'em up, ship to USA and spread out from there. Calls for refunds. They are looking for cheaper ways, more delay.

This will probably put a hold on intl ships for now. Maybe they will start ship to USA in the meantime. Even then, they only have like 20 fixed electronic boards with another 80 due today. Maybe first 100 ship this week?
2021-05-28 02:38
jlogajan
They claim they got the next 80. So they should be able to push out the first 100 by the end of this week.

I had earlier guessed and IAP (Michael) later suggested that they might be able to ship 100 per day. So even if they had all the reworked main boards that's probably over 2 weeks to ship all the US/Canada/Mexico units. It's looking like mid-June for me, which is likely sooner than my now cancelled (I hope) Makibox probably would have made it to me.
2021-05-29 12:46
curious_aardvark
iconRoyT:
A storm is brewing...

Latest is increase ( a big increase) in shipping for those outside of USA. For some legal mumbo jumbo reason, can't ship direct from china, so pack'em up, ship to USA and spread out from there. Calls for refunds. They are looking for cheaper ways, more delay.

This will probably put a hold on intl ships for now. Maybe they will start ship to USA in the meantime. Even then, they only have like 20 fixed electronic boards with another 80 due today. Maybe first 100 ship this week?

That's bad !
Postage from the states to the uk is among the highest rates I've come across. Shipping from china is usually pretty reasonable - but you do pay import tax.
Shipping from the states will probably add over $100 plus tax and customs charges - so easily another $100 - $150 on top of the shipping and handling.
So maybe as much as $250 on top of original asking price.

I wonder how many of the rigidbot customers are foaming at the mouth like some of the makibox customers ?

Looking around I can't see ANY small producer 3d printers shipping instantly or indeed without several months lead time. Even ultimaker are quoting lead times of 8 weeks.

Only the wanhao and it's clones seem to be easily available - but they're being produced on a mass market factory basis.
2021-05-29 19:07
RoyT
Tech Addict
A miracle, the first 29 have shipped!

Edit: first rb big kit delivered to California, USA. Two more of the same also confirmed in transit for USA addresses.
2021-06-03 18:47
jlogajan
Rigibot is dangerously close to shipping their 100th unit. I'm in the back of the pack, so maybe another month for me. But getting dang close. :-)
2021-06-07 02:18
RoyT
Tech Addict
Things are moving along, about 200 shipped to USA customers so far. Intl shipping being worked on, looks like plan is back to ship from china for intl kits.

Some issues with missing and defective parts. But does not sound terrible. Company will replace or supply replacements.

Only major deal is the hot end. Being redesigned. The current design has some issue where the hole drilled for the thermistor intrudes into the hole where the filament goes causing leakage.
2021-06-17 08:50
suicidal.banana
I find it hilarious to read this thread, because they are having the exact same issues makibox has been dealing with B)

But hey, i help you all hope it at least wont be more then a year of waiting :) keep us posted!
2021-06-17 23:44
RoyT
Tech Addict
Shipping halted for a bit while hot end gets a small fix and replace a defective ribbon cable. The hot end has a tendency to leak and the cable has no way to be removed once it's plugged in.

Good thing is it's looking more likely intl orders will ship from china at no extra ship cost.
Yesterday 07:28
Go to page 1Go to page 412345Go to page 6Go to page 5