icon
pkramer2
So I have been waiting 30 weeks total for my box. I've gotten zero replies for my begging to find out a time frame (email sent 8 weeks ago) nor for my request to cancel my order for a refund (sent 5 weeks ago). At this point, I've decided its a lost cause, filed a dispute with my credit card company and moved on to greener pastures.
With that in mind, I spent $100 more than I did on my makibox, and ordered a GEN 2 solidoodle. So, from order place to arrival at my doorstep? 8 days. I now have an awesome printer, and am happily printing away. Get away from Makible guys. You're not the captain, this isn't your ship to go down with. Request your refunds, maybe you'll get one, maybe you won't (seems to a luck of the draw sort of thing and invest in a company that will give you the product you desire, no heartache involved.
2021-06-24 13:31
dtb1987
No one cares
Bitcoin: 1MXNpNQ1U5KfvmBWmfn95h1ZQcpeQ81fyp
2021-06-24 19:53
sethmo38@gmail.com
I care.

If you REaLLY want a Makibox, I will trade you mine wit upgrades for your Solidoodle :P
2021-06-24 21:06
juliacarroll
I got a Solidoodle too! Ordered it on a Friday, it shipped the next Monday, and I had it by that Thursday. I was so amazed it took less than a week to get to me, and I have been printing non-stop since then.

Getting a printer in my hands really helped me better cope with Makibox ripping me off, but I still want my money back :mad:
2021-06-24 21:10
suicidal.banana
iconpkramer2:
So I have been waiting 30 weeks total for my box.

Pssh, beginner B) 77 weeks and counting. ;)
2021-06-24 21:30
robthebrew
I waited 2 years for mine. You solidoodle guys show us the results. Post pics of your prints.
2021-06-25 04:06
pkramer2
If you don't care don't comment. This thread is for those that might be looking for another option and don't really know where to go or are afraid of a makible repeat.
I attached the first set of prints ever printed on my solidoodle which was just a few days ago and as soon as the current print is done I can post that too.
I find it admirable that many of you are willing to stand with makible, but to put down those that don't is just silly, I wanted a 3D printer, makible flaked and couldn't deliver, solidoodle did. That's the cold hard truth and I couldn't be happier. So while you Mr. 77-weeks-and-counting, wait endlessly, I will happily practice my ability to print, while you, I presume, practice your ability to pray for a shipping date.
2021-06-25 17:00
curious_aardvark
iconpkramer2:
If you don't care don't comment. This thread is for those that might be looking for another option and don't really know where to go or are afraid of a makible repeat.
I attached the first set of prints ever printed on my solidoodle which was just a few days ago and as soon as the current print is done I can post that too.
I find it admirable that many of you are willing to stand with makible, but to put down those that don't is just silly, I wanted a 3D printer, makible flaked and couldn't deliver, solidoodle did. That's the cold hard truth and I couldn't be happier. So while you Mr. 77-weeks-and-counting, wait endlessly, I will happily practice my ability to print, while you, I presume, practice your ability to pray for a shipping date.

Can't argue with that.

THough it looks like the solidoodle needs tuning as well :-)
2021-06-25 19:40
WingoLED
Does anyone know whether Solidoodle has a dual head version? I cannot find it in the official site.

It would be a shame not to have it while it has such a big print volume!

@curious
I am curious to know which model you got.
Do keep us updated with both pics and comment about the machine.
Thanks!
2021-06-26 06:51
juliacarroll
Here are a few of my first prints. I am still working on getting the slicing and temperature settings right, but I think the prints have been coming out pretty good so far. I have the 2nd generation.
2021-06-26 09:10
juliacarroll
Forgot to include my favorite print so far. My ball bearing keychain!
2021-06-26 09:30
Citizen_Snips
That keychain looks nice. Did you print it with supports and did you print it on it's side or laying flat?
2021-06-26 12:28
pkramer2
@WingoLED Solidoodle doesn't have a dual extruder right now, however, there are mods on thingiverse (dual Bowden extruders) that you could be used is you were willing to mod up your printer. I have a Gen2 printer and it is working really well, Kisslicer is also awesome, way beyond the slicer the programing comes with.
I have attached pictures of some recent prints. I am still fine tuning everything so they aren't perfect, but I am getting there.
2021-06-27 08:18
curious_aardvark
pkramer2:

juliacarrol:

You've been busy - how big is the bearing keyring ?

wingoled - I haven't bought a 3d printer yet (unless you count the makibox, and as it stands, I've no idea whether I can count that or not lol)
When I do it'll be shipped from the uk, be a dual extruder and at least 200x200x200 mm print volume.
I'll hold out as long as I can so the prices can go down and the specifications can go up.
But as I was all geared up for 3d printing - it's getting harder to not spend money I can't really afford :w00t:
2021-06-27 18:07
icon